Tokio Hotel America
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tokio Hotel America

the temporary home of our forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
THA is back up. If you see the fireworks banner, it is back up in your area as well. If not, check back. <3333333333

Humanoid - Where to Buy

Go down 
+25
raomina
rhea23
dacia
PrincessRosalie
Mish
SwedenGirl
nicoletagenoveva
mimas
wundertwins
skid
TokioHotelChick
harlequinn
Black Is Beautiful
LesPaulJosh
Tag
glendesign
Adriana
ThinAir
Wampykitty
veestone
gsi
FairyCelt
jennyluv
Quill
Schnee
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wampykitty
Schrei
Wampykitty

Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:36 pm

Quill wrote:
veestone wrote:
#19 is only for Amazon.com sales.

Any country can buy from Amazon.com (I think). At least I know that Amazon.de does worldwide shipping on CDs, so I'm betting Amazon.com can too.

But as far as sales in the US, we don't know for sure. It depends on who's buying the copies. It could be everyone who's bought from Amazon.com is a US citizen, since most other countries already had the album available to them.

Yeah... But Wampy put it pretty well. If people are ordering the one Cherrytree put out here it'll help us out here. ... At least that's what I got from what she said.

The key thing is that it is the Cherrytree release bought in the US (website or retailer). Even if another country buys it off of our amazon.com site it will count towards US sales. Just like we've been encouraging people to buy it here rather than buying from the German Amazon.de...because buying there helps GERMAN sales. We want US sales so they come support the album here and so that the label knows they have fans and a strong market here!

Info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recording_Industry_Association_of_America
http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinum.php?content_selector=certification
Back to top Go down
veestone
Schrei
veestone

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:38 pm

@Wampy

We've been told that if you purchase from another country, your purchase is not recognized on any sales charts since they fall somewhere in between.

Not saying that the band will not earn money off it, but they will not increase sales on the charts.
Back to top Go down
Wampykitty
Schrei
Wampykitty

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:42 pm

veestone wrote:
@Wampy

We've been told that if you purchase from another country, your purchase is not recognized on any sales charts since they fall somewhere in between.

Not saying that the band will not earn money off it, but they will not increase sales on the charts.

Hmmm, I'm sure there is a smart person here who will find that in writing? What I'm seeing now just says:
Quote :

An artist's Gold®️ or Platinum®️ award represents sales through retail, record clubs, rackjobbers, and all other ancillary markets that legitimately distribute music. Once a title’s sales has been audited and verified as having reached requisite levels, a formal certification report is issued and sent to the title's record company.

Doesn't specify that the buyer has to be in the US.

MODERATOR EDIT: I've been contributing to "Off Topic" on this subject! I've created a thread so we can gnaw over all the stats and how they are calculated. Let's take chart chatter HERE: http://tokiohotel.friendhood.net/offtopic-f3/calculating-chart-and-album-sales-discussion-and-information-t50.htm#1699

Last edited by Wampykitty on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
veestone
Schrei
veestone

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:53 pm

Maybe I'm wrong. Coollbreezegirl has said that purchasing an import does not count for sales in either your country of residence or the country the import came from.

I'm not clear on how it works if it's not an import, but you're purchasing from a different country.
Back to top Go down
Wampykitty
Schrei
Wampykitty

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:56 pm

Confirmed over in the other thread what the rules are about exports counting sales towards chart numbers or gold album etc.

Basically, in order for the sale to count toward Tokio Hotel getting a gold album or charting on Billboard we need to be buying the Cherrytree version of Humanoid from a US retailer/website. Buying the import versions of anything having to do with Humanoid (including the version with the flag) will not count for jack be-doodle here.
Back to top Go down
veestone
Schrei
veestone

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:03 am

And what if someone from Europe purchases the CherryTree release through a US vendor? Does it count then?
Back to top Go down
Wampykitty
Schrei
Wampykitty

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:05 am

As I understand it, it counts as a sale with the record company but does not count towards charting levels or gold album certification...

We need to take this convo over to the other thread though! We are hijacking this one!
Back to top Go down
veestone
Schrei
veestone

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:07 am

I'm so lost here! Sad

Which thread?
Back to top Go down
Quill
Schrei
Quill

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:09 am

Back to top Go down
Tag
Schrei
Tag

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:04 am

Basically what we need to pay attention and do is to purchase Humanoid from your own country to help charting numbers, And not as an Import from amazon.
Back to top Go down
LesPaulJosh
Devilish
LesPaulJosh

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:29 am

<-Sept 9th , Amazon.com Pre-Order with the Express Shipping to get it on Release Date Razz

If the German Album comes to the US then I will get it through iTunes most likely..

WTH...look at this? lol!
Amazon.co.jp

See how they have it labeled in Japan?
I hope this works I tried translating the page but I dunno if you'll be able to see it.. I don't really see anything other than Fan Pack from the US that catches the eye

Translation
if it doesn't work then just hit refresh..otherwise...

This is from that countries page
# CD (2009/10/6)
# Disk quantity: 1
# Format: Import and from US
# ASIN: B002JVHEMA
# Amazon.co.jp ranking: Music - 3,236 rank (you look at the best seller of music)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jcriggins
Schnee
Admin
Schnee

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:48 am

Quote :
Buying the import versions of anything having to do with Humanoid (including the version with the flag) will not count for jack be-doodle here.

Or elsewhere. It goes into the zone of "these count as revenue, but not for sales numbers in any country"
Back to top Go down
http://tokiohotel.friendhood.net
LesPaulJosh
Devilish
LesPaulJosh

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:00 am

Sorry Schnee..didn't mean to offend or anything. I just thought it was interesting with the mixture of info I found on one page that sounded kind of odd.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jcriggins
Schnee
Admin
Schnee

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:16 am

Oh, no worries, I did not mean to sound like I was pissed or anything.

I was just in chat trying to get some real time answers from The Martin. lol. Is that like The Donald?
Back to top Go down
veestone
Schrei
veestone

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:17 am

Thought you said the Martian. cyclops

Answers about buying the album?
Back to top Go down
Schnee
Admin
Schnee

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:35 am

I was going to ask him about the sales thing, but Wampy had already found the answer.
Back to top Go down
Black Is Beautiful
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:16 am

I have a question...if I order on amazon.com when will I receive the CD? On the release date itself or few weeks later?
Back to top Go down
harlequinn
Schrei
harlequinn

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:29 am

Black Is Beautiful wrote:
I have a question...if I order on amazon.com when will I receive the CD? On the release date itself or few weeks later?

It depends on how Hot an item is. Sometimes they ship a couple of days before the release date, so you get it by the date. I think usually they ship it a day before, and don't guarantee you'll get it by the release date unless you upgrade shipping. But even regular shipping you should get it within a couple of days.

I haven't decided where I'm picking up my copies yet. Amazon was the one that didn't have any bonuses last time, so... I'm waiting to see who's getting exclusives for the US versions. I'm curious to see what itunes offers.
Back to top Go down
Black Is Beautiful
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:37 am

Oh ok..no bonus in US one? I have seen one on amazon.com english version deluxe with extra bonus song 'down on you' and nokia concert I think...really confused from all the different versions.
Back to top Go down
TokioHotelChick
Zimmer 483
TokioHotelChick

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:39 am

I just can't wait to buy the album.
Back to top Go down
Schnee
Admin
Schnee

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:31 am

Oh ok..no bonus in US one? I have seen one on amazon.com english version deluxe with extra bonus song 'down on you' and nokia concert I think...really confused from all the different versions.

You need to check back because I think you dreamed that one.

And you live outside the USA, right? So you will probably not receive it on the release date.
Back to top Go down
Black Is Beautiful
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:34 am

Hahaa...hey I did not dream that one. I am just confuse. It says CD + DVD. And from what I see in the DVD content has Gallery, Karaoke, ... and the last part I am not sure cause it's in German but it does mention something about a bonus song and nokia concert O_o
Back to top Go down
Schnee
Admin
Schnee

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:38 am

Hahaa...hey I did not dream that one. I am just confuse. It says CD + DVD. And from what I see in the DVD content has Gallery, Karaoke, ... and the last part I am not sure cause it's in German but it does mention something about a bonus song and nokia concert O_o

Oh, then you are not looking at amazon.com because they do not have the German versions. That's on the tokiohotel.com/de website.

So, where is the best country for you to buy from? Do they have it in your country?
Back to top Go down
Black Is Beautiful
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:43 am

Here's the link :

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B002OBUBES?ie=UTF8&tag=tokihotedeut-21&link_code=as3&camp=2514&creative=9386&creativeASIN=B002OBUBES

And it is english version:
Spoiler:

I am just not sure what it says at the bottom cause it's in german.
Back to top Go down
Schnee
Admin
Schnee

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:57 am

Yeah, those are on amazon.de from Germany. Be super careful when buying because the shipping costs will be different depending which site you buy from
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Humanoid - Where to Buy   Humanoid - Where to Buy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Humanoid - Where to Buy
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next