Tokio Hotel America
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tokio Hotel America

the temporary home of our forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
THA is back up. If you see the fireworks banner, it is back up in your area as well. If not, check back. <3333333333

Schlag Den Raab

Go down 
+32
neelyo
Quill
sweetiejay
Chimeraeyes
Lizard
raomina
xander
pat
Wampykitty
eien
papercut01
FishieLPKaulitz8
coolbreezegirl
jennyluv
SwedenGirl
FairyCelt
OBLUDA
carlz
dacia
mimas
darkndevilish
veestone
DarkTokioNekoyasha
Tag
TokioHotelMusicLove
harlequinn
ThinAir
halucy
LoveForTH
nicoletagenoveva
Kody
Schnee
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
a2zeta
Devilish
a2zeta

Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schlag Den Raab   Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:32 am

ThinAir wrote:
I don't think there were that many, if any at all. The tickets were gone before anyone even know TH would be there. It looked like it was full of mostly impartial people, no wonder Bill looked nervous when they finished the song. :hug:
I thought that he looked a little nervous too. But I think there was a normal amount of applause from the audience - normal for most artists, because with TH everyone expects a fair amount of screaming too. cheers
Back to top Go down
Schnee
Admin
Schnee

PostSubject: Re: Schlag Den Raab   Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:17 am

sweetiejay wrote:

That's what I thought. There were alot of older, bored-looking grey people in the audience.

I wish I'd been there. bounce bounce bounce

clown
Back to top Go down
http://tokiohotel.friendhood.net
coolbreezegirl
Admin
coolbreezegirl

PostSubject: Re: Schlag Den Raab   Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:13 am

I am actually happy that the audience consisted of a general audience and not TH fans. God knows that TH fans have ruined many TV apperances for TH, with Goldene Stimmgabel in 2007 as the prime example. The screaming got so bad that time that Bill even had to hush the fans with his finger over his lips because nobody could hear the interview. It is exactly that kind of fan behavior that turns normal people off from TH and prevent them from becoming TH fans or take the band seriously. People don't want to be associated with screaming hysterical teens.
RTL and media have focused a LOT in the past on the hysterical TH fans and they have made it worse by asking fans to scream in front of camera so it will make "extra good TV". Sure it build hypes short term but it also ruins the band in the long from being taken seriously.

Howeve, I have noticed that the tide has changed a little now how TH fans are being portrayed and *knock on wood* i hope this trend will continue. There have been articles and radio reports (NRJ France) where they have mentioned that TH has grown up and so has the fanbase. When RTL covered the Nokie concert they didn't show screaming fans, they showed normal fans.
With fans who behave normally, the band will stand a better chance of being judged for their music and for themselves, rather than being judged for the fanbase with comments like "Here in Germany only 12 year old likes TH. Everyone else hate them" . Comments like that is very common among non-fans, and even though it isn't true, it is still many people's perception of the fanbase and TH.

So when TH appeared on Schlaag den Raab, one of the most watched TV shows in Germany I was thrilled to pieces with non skrieking fans in the audience. Now we have non fans are flocking in hordes to youtube videos saying how much they loved the Raab performance and the song and that TH has indeed grown up.

Last edited by coolbreezegirl on Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sweetiejay
Schrei
sweetiejay

PostSubject: Re: Schlag Den Raab   Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:24 am

coolbreezegirl wrote:
I am actuyally happy that the audience consisted of a general audience and not TH fans. God knows that TH fans have ruined many TV apperances for TH, with Goldene Stimmgabel in 2007 as the prime example. The screaming got so bad that time that Bill even had to hush the fans with his finger over his lips because nobody could hear the interview. It is exactly that kind of fan behavior that turns normal peopel off from TH and prevent them from becoming TH fans o rtak eteh band seriously. They don't want to be associated with screaming hysterical teens.
RTL and media have focused a LOT in the past on the hysterical TH fans and they have made it worse by asking fans to scream in front of camera so it will make "extra good TV". Sure it build hypes shortterm but also ruins the band in the long from being taken seriously.

Howeve, I have noticed that the tide has changed in how TH fans are being portrayed now and *knock on wood* i hoep thsi trend will continue. There have been articles and radio reports (NRJ France) where they have mentioned that TH has grown uo and so has the fandbase. When RTL covered the Nokai concert they didn't show screaming fans, they showed normal fans. With fans who behave normally, the band will stand a better chance of being judged for their music and for themselves, rather than being judged for the fanbase with comments like "Here in Germany only 12 year old likes TH. Everyone else hate them" . Comments like that is very common among non-fans, even though it isn't true, it is still many people's perception of the fanbase and TH.

So when TH appeared on Schlaag den Raab, one of the most watched TV shows in Germany I was thrilled to pieces with non skrieking fans in the audience. Now we have non fans are flocking in hordes to youtube videos saying how much they loved the Raab performance and the song and that TH has indeed grown up.

*Hugs*

Well said, Breeze!

I never realised before, but you're right. The screaming has blown out my eardrums more than once whilst watching videos of them.

There were still too many grey people in the audience though.

*Shifty*
Back to top Go down
nicoletagenoveva
Schrei
nicoletagenoveva

PostSubject: Re: Schlag Den Raab   Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:25 am

MarySpain wrote:
Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 CIMG52550541e627d-1539596 Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 CIMG52550932a4205-1539597 Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 CIMG52550907393df-1539598 Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 CIMG525510261f7b7-1539599 Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 CIMG525510857f8e7-1539600 Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 CIMG52551475bf9c4-1539601
Back to top Go down
harlequinn
Schrei
harlequinn

PostSubject: Re: Schlag Den Raab   Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:18 am

coolbreezegirl wrote:
I am actually happy that the audience consisted of a general audience and not TH fans. [...]

I agree with the whole post.

The televised premiere of the single is a major deal. The attention shouldn't be on the audience.
Back to top Go down
Black Is Beautiful
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Schlag Den Raab   Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:25 am

It's cool...much more relax but just kinda boring & make it seem like fans are not that enthusiastic anymore. Lets just see how their upcoming tour goes & how well they sell
Back to top Go down
TokioHotelChick
Zimmer 483
TokioHotelChick

PostSubject: Re: Schlag Den Raab   Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:41 am

We all now how bad the audience could've gotten.Some fans ruin everything.
Back to top Go down
Schnee
Admin
Schnee

PostSubject: Re: Schlag Den Raab   Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:33 am

Black Is Beautiful wrote:
It's cool...much more relax but just kinda boring & make it seem like fans are not that enthusiastic anymore. Lets just see how their upcoming tour goes & how well they sell

Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's funny. Like anyone believes that audience was an audience of Tokio Hotel fans? They had already seen the news reports of 300+ fans outside the studio, so people know that the fans are PLENTY enthusiastic.

flower Here, have a happy flower. You seem kind of down lately.
Back to top Go down
http://tokiohotel.friendhood.net
nicoletagenoveva
Schrei
nicoletagenoveva

PostSubject: Re: Schlag Den Raab   Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:38 am

Back to top Go down
dacia
Zimmer 483
dacia

PostSubject: Re: Schlag Den Raab   Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:35 am

I keep watching this performance over and over again. I love the camera work. If it wasnt for seeing the audience and such it would remindme of a music video. I like the host too he seems really nice. flower
Back to top Go down
xander
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Schlag Den Raab   Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:52 am

I'm w/ Breeze. It's good for the band, too, to remember what it's like to have to win over an audience, not walk in and have them automatically adore you. You lose your edge if everyone worships you all the time.
Back to top Go down
a2zeta
Devilish
a2zeta

PostSubject: Re: Schlag Den Raab   Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:16 am

Coolbreeze, I LOVED your post. I also think that the reason non-fans are appreciating the song in Germany is that there was none of the usual screaming accompanying the performance. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schlag Den Raab   Schlag Den Raab - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schlag Den Raab
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tokio Hotel America :: Archives-
Jump to: