Tokio Hotel America
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tokio Hotel America

the temporary home of our forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
THA is back up. If you see the fireworks banner, it is back up in your area as well. If not, check back. <3333333333

itunes LP Format

Go down 
+3
jennyluv
Elphba
harlequinn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
harlequinn
Schrei
harlequinn

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:06 am

So... anyone tried itunes LP? It's the upgrade to itunes where you can get all kinds of extra media content with select album downloads - similar to the extras you would get with an LP (but actually a lot more).

I tried it with Tyrese Gibson's MAYHEM comic + single. This is the first itunes digital comic in this format, so for $2, I wanted to check it out. It's is SO cool. The content includes three comic books (MAYHEM includes an optional audio feature), special features like a 40 minute "Making of" video, a Gallery of concept art and alternate covers, etc, wallpapers, plus the remix of the single. itunes opens into a nice viewer for the content. They can pack a lot of extras for the same price.

I'm not a CD person (hate the size, the plastic cases that break, backing them up because the original will get damaged if you actually use it, and the sound is no better than mp3), but you miss out on a lot downloading albums. It's shifting, though. There is no way you can get the content of one of these digital LPs with a physical CD. This is big.

Last edited by harlequinn on Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elphba
Schrei
Elphba

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:04 pm

I hadn't even heard of it. Does it slow down your computer?
Back to top Go down
jennyluv
Schrei
jennyluv

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:10 pm

I actually pre-ordered the new Paramore album this morning and for the price of the album you get so many extras! Acoustic versions, videos! It is pretty cool.

I think it comes with iTunes 9 when you upgrade. My computer is just fine....don't think it is any slower at all.
Back to top Go down
nychrissie
Schrei
nychrissie

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:22 pm

I upgraded to iTunes 9 yesterday, but I haven't really checked out the new features yet.

Harlequinn and Jenny, we all need some good music for possible car road trips and such..... cheers
Back to top Go down
harlequinn
Schrei
harlequinn

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:31 pm

nychrissie wrote:

Harlequinn and Jenny, we all need some good music for possible car road trips and such..... cheers

Oh, we'll have it! cherry

@Elphba, it doesn't seem to slow things down on my computer. Downloading the LP media takes a lot longer and obviously takes up more space than mp3s alone. I haven't checked it out on my ipod touch, but this is the coolest thing since I got the a free Kindle app for the touch!

I don't work for Apple, I swear. Laughing I don't even have a Mac. But I do love my ipod.
Back to top Go down
Elphba
Schrei
Elphba

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:35 pm

nychrissie wrote:
I upgraded to iTunes 9 yesterday, but I haven't really checked out the new features yet.

I'm hoping to go on a TH roadtrip too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nychrissie
Schrei
nychrissie

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:38 pm

Elphba wrote:
nychrissie wrote:

I'm hoping to go on a TH roadtrip too Very Happy

What areas are you planning to hit, "Elphba"? :pc: <---I miss that little guy so much!
Back to top Go down
jennyluv
Schrei
jennyluv

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:21 pm

harlequinn wrote:
nychrissie wrote:

Oh, we'll have it! cherry

@Elphba, it doesn't seem to slow things down on my computer. Downloading the LP media takes a lot longer and obviously takes up more space than mp3s alone. I haven't checked it out on my ipod touch, but this is the coolest thing since I got the a free Kindle app for the touch!
I don't work for Apple, I swear. Laughing I don't even have a Mac. But I do love my ipod.

:h5: I just bought one last week!! Love it!!

Now I didn't download any LP thing!! Did I need to? I thought it came with the iTunes9. When I pre-ordered Paramore it came up with LP Tunes thing and I got all those extras!
Back to top Go down
harlequinn
Schrei
harlequinn

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:28 pm

jennyluv wrote:

Now I didn't download any LP thing!! Did I need to? I thought it came with the iTunes9. When I pre-ordered Paramore it came up with LP Tunes thing and I got all those extras!

Yeah, it automatically comes with itunes 9. If you're not up to date, it prompts you to upgrade before downloading an LP. albino
Back to top Go down
jennyluv
Schrei
jennyluv

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Oh OK!! I was like great something else I missed!! When i did my ipod Touch I upgraded software for it and had to upgrade iTunes!
Back to top Go down
dacia
Zimmer 483
dacia

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:57 pm

Yay I have an Ipod touch now AND just finished downloading Itunes 9 the other day.
Back to top Go down
harlequinn
Schrei
harlequinn

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:34 pm

I'm thinking about buying the AFI LP just because it's the one available I'm kind of interested in, LOL. Such a cool format.
Back to top Go down
Adriana
Schrei
Adriana

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:05 pm

LOl i haven't tried it yet, but im uber confused with the new Itunes 9 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nika
Zimmer 483
Nika

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:11 pm

ohh my.. i just got the new itunes and i'm so confused :/ confused
Back to top Go down
harlequinn
Schrei
harlequinn

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm

Why are you confused?
Back to top Go down
jennyluv
Schrei
jennyluv

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:38 pm

I am confused as to why you guys are confused!! It is the same as before just more content.
Back to top Go down
Adriana
Schrei
Adriana

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:15 pm

I think it's the whole format, everything is in a different place, or why can't I find my wish list, but other times I can, idk little things like that.
Back to top Go down
jennyluv
Schrei
jennyluv

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:59 pm

OK so it looks like we are visiting each other and working out our issues!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

itunes LP Format Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes LP Format   itunes LP Format Empty

Back to top Go down

itunes LP Format
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tokio Hotel America :: Offtopic-
Jump to: