Tokio Hotel America
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tokio Hotel America

the temporary home of our forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
THA is back up. If you see the fireworks banner, it is back up in your area as well. If not, check back. <3333333333

Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection"

Go down 
+4
eien
Schnee
SwedenGirl
coolbreezegirl
8 posters
AuthorMessage
coolbreezegirl
Admin
coolbreezegirl

Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" Empty
PostSubject: Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection"   Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 4:53 pm

Reposting this here too. I translated this article which was published today in one of the leadning daily newspaper in Sweden. The interview was done Sep 8.

“We Need Better Protection”
Wild fans meet Tokio Hotel everywhere: “It’s extremely hard to trust people”

Tokio Hotel has never been on a Swedish stage. Yet, they cause chaos among the fans every time they visit Sweden. They live in hysteria reminiscent of the one that boybands from the 90s.
“From the day we released our first single, our lives changed completely”, Tom Kaulitz says to Nöjesbladet (Nöjesbladet = Aftonbladet’s entertainment section in the newspaper)

A Swedish representative from the label leads us to the top floor at Sheraton, and drop us off at the elevator door. We are greeted by a person from the German record label who soon introduces us to for yet another colleague. They accompany us to the last room in the corridor where two big security guards with ear pieces guard the doors.
It’s easy to think that a G8 meeting take place at the central hotel in Stockholm. That’s of course not what it is. It’s not even Bono, Madonna, or Britney Spears. It is Tokio Hotel, four German teenage stars who just turned 20. They still have a quite a distance to go to become the biggest star in the music industry, but yet they have been surrounded by chaos since they were 15 years old,.
“There’s a couple of very negative things with this whole (fame) thing but we like our lives the way they are, Tom Kaulitz says on fast spoken German with the translator speaking at the same time as the guitarist talks.

The decision have so far generated in six million sold CDs. But for four Germans who have lived more than one fourth of their lifetime in the spotlight the friends have become fewer.
“Some friends are still there, but from the day we became public people, we have not gained any new ones. It is extremely hard to trust people,” Tom says.

Eight floors down, hundreds of fans, mostly girls, wait to see a glimpse of their heroes. Most of the fans have been waiting since 6 in the morning.
And this visit to Stockholm is nothing unusual. In France, which is the biggest market for the band, Tokio Hotel travels with a five people strong security team in addition to tour managers, record label staff and their own stylist.

The chaos and always being surrounded by people is something Tokio Hotel has learnt to deal with.
“You get a good feeling when we haven’t been here in a while and are met by people who like us. Otherwise we wouldn’t be able to stand doing interviews in a room all day long. But naturally, it also has an impact in our lives in other areas as well, such as you can’t walk outdoors in a normal way,” singer bill Kaulitz says.

Last spring Tom Kaulitz was reported to the police by a French woman in the group “les afghans on tour” who had followed around Tokio Hotel for a long time.
She accused the guitarist for hitting her when she ran into him at a gas station asking him for a photograph.
“That was certainly not a fan who did that. We have never had any bad experiences with fans. These are disturbed people with evil intentions and who we ran into when we were off from work” Tom Kaulitz says.
The success have also resulted in consequences for the band members’ parents. In their attempts for privacy they have been forced to move several times.
“We are trying to have as much privacy as possible. So far we haven’t succeeded. I guess we have given up a little but, Tom Kaulitz says.
“I think that people who are in the same situation as us, It is on its way and I hope it will be in the right direction, Bill Kaulitz says.

Tokio Hotel’s close relationship to Sweden began in the summer of 2007. While planning for an English album release the record label brought over the band for a CD signing at Bengans in Gothenburg (It was Bengans in Stockholm actually) .

German Universal prepared their Swedish colleagues for chaos, 25-30 guards, paramedics in the store and standby ambulances. Lee Raita, marketing manager at Universal Sweden, took the instructions with a huge grain of salt.
“We thought that they were exaggerating/hyping things up, but at the same time we figured it was better to be prepared in case something would happen.” He says.
With 1000 fans showing up at the store things there was soon an uproar..
“We had to call in extra security guards all the time. It ended with us having 30 security guards there and the ambulance had to come. It was then we realized that this (Tokio Hotel) was more than just a internet hype., Lee Raita says.

Every since, the Swedish fans relationship to TH has intensified. Everything is characterized by an extreme loyalty. When Bill Kaulitz last year suffered a cyst on his vocal cords and the band were forced to cancel their first concert in Sweden, the fans organized a get well party at Hovet (the concert venue).
“There aren’t many bands today that generate this kind of hysteria” Lee Raita says. “First and foremost it is because of the twins Bill and Tom. They are very charismatic. And I also think them singing in German makes it all a bit exotic”

While the band’s stylist fixes Georg’s hair. Tokio Hotel tells us that they will soon meet the Swedish fans for real. They still haven’t stood on a Swedish stage.
“We will come to Sweden in the beginning of 2010” Bill Kaulitz says.
And then, Universal’s Lee Raita will be prepared.
“It’s been a very long foreplay. And when it finally will happen, it will be a hysteric/chaotioc concert”
Joacim Persoon.
Back to top Go down
SwedenGirl
Schrei
SwedenGirl

PostSubject: Re: Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection"   Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 4:56 pm

Could you please post a link of the article online, because I tried earlier today but couldn't find it confused
Back to top Go down
coolbreezegirl
Admin
coolbreezegirl

PostSubject: Re: Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection"   Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 4:58 pm

It's only in the print edition I think. Well I didn't find it online this afternoon anyway. I will scan the article tomorrow at work since I have no broadsheet size scanner at home.
Back to top Go down
Schnee
Admin
Schnee

PostSubject: Re: Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection"   Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 5:01 pm

foreplay

cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://tokiohotel.friendhood.net
coolbreezegirl
Admin
coolbreezegirl

PostSubject: Re: Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection"   Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 5:07 pm

^ That smiley rules all!

lol!
Back to top Go down
eien
Schrei
eien

PostSubject: Re: Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection"   Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 5:45 pm

Thank you for the translation!Someone took photos of the article:

LoRe wrote:
Aftonbladet newspaper (Sweden)

Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" 818120eda181t Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" 1f099fbb2cf6t
Back to top Go down
Wampykitty
Schrei
Wampykitty

PostSubject: Re: Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection"   Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:41 pm

Was the "foreplay" statement a quote? Or the author of the article spicing things up?
Back to top Go down
mimas
Schrei
mimas

PostSubject: Re: Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection"   Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 9:07 pm

I actually think that the hysteria they generate is worse than the boy bands of the 90's.
Back to top Go down
nonamecomestomind
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection"   Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:21 pm

I would compare the hysteria they create more to the Beatles in the early 60's than any boyband of the 90's
Back to top Go down
mimas
Schrei
mimas

PostSubject: Re: Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection"   Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:01 am

Thanks for going there for me. I was going to say it, but people tend to freak out when anyone is compared to the Beatles.
I have even done it- they are pretty much untouchable, but there was also nothing like them before.
Back to top Go down
coolbreezegirl
Admin
coolbreezegirl

PostSubject: Re: Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection"   Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:05 am

Wampykitty wrote:
Was the "foreplay" statement a quote? Or the author of the article spicing things up?

It was a quote by Lee Ranta, marketing manager of Universal Sweden.
Back to top Go down
nicoletagenoveva
Schrei
nicoletagenoveva

PostSubject: Re: Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection"   Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:11 am

another news from Sweden...

2009.09.14-ExpressenTV.se-Tokio Hotel skapade kaos "Dom är helt fantastisk"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLXWnQbTPHA

Wink Breeze,if you have time,maybe you will translate it,or maybe somebody else..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection"   Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection" Empty

Back to top Go down

Sep 13 - Aftonbladet (SE) " We Need Better Protection"
Page 1 of 1